A 20-year-old secondary school student, Moji Agboola, reportedly died on Wednesday in Omu-Aran, Kwara State after she allegedly drank a substance believed to be poison.
Moji, an SS1 student in a community school in the area, was said to have been treated at a private hospital in the town where she was rushed to by her mother about three weeks ago.
The deceased was alleged to have poisoned herself as a result of her failure to progress to the next class following her poor performance in the last promotion examination.
Trouble was said to have begun when the effect of the poison she took started to manifest at about 5pm on the fateful day.
The deceased, it was gathered was also taken to Christ Apostolic Church, Ori-Oke Irapada, along Omu-Aran-Ilofa road for prayers and deliverance.
The prophet in-charge of the church, Christopher Owolabi, said the church had to organise a prayer team for the deceased before she was returned to another private hospital in the town for further treatment.
It was in that private hospital that she was confirmed dead.
The mother of the deceased, Abigael was seen crying profusely at her residence around Latinwo area of the town yesterday morning.